Frequently Asked Questions
Airbrushing sprays a fine mist, allowing makeup to sit evenly on the skin. TEMPTU’s Airbrush equipment is developed for the professional makeup artist, providing quick, seamless blending and versatility for photos, HD television, and real life.
Are TEMPTU products oil-free and non-comedogenic?
Yes, TEMPTU foundations are oil-free and all formulas are non-comedogenic.
Do TEMPTU products contain SPF?
TEMPTU products do not offer SPF coverage. Use of an SPF product before applying TEMPTU makeup is recommended.
Is TEMPTU makeup waterproof?
- S/B products are water and sweat resistant.
- Dura products are waterproof.
- Aqua products, which are water based and water activated, are not waterproof.
Do I need to use a primer before applying TEMPTU foundations?
- Use of a primer depends on the client’s skin type. An S/B Primer prep is recommended for dry or mature skin types as it will provide moisture and allow for a smoother makeup application. If skin is especially dry or mature, combine S/B Primer with S/B Mixing Medium in a 50/50 ratio.
- Base Smooth & Matte Primer is recommended for oily skin types. Apply a pea sized amount to affected areas only.
- Both S/B Primer and Base Smooth & Matte should be applied by brush or by hand.
Can I use my traditional makeup such as eye shadows and powders with TEMPTU Airbrush Makeup?
Yes, TEMPTU Airbrush Makeup can be layered with traditional makeup products. Allow airbrush makeup to dry fully before adding powders.
Does TEMPTU test on animals?
TEMPTU does not test finished product on animals.
Side note: We do purchase raw materials and do not have jurisdiction over those materials.
Are TEMPTU products gluten-free?
Yes, all TEMPTU products are gluten-free.
Is it safe for pregnant or lactating women to use TEMPTU Makeup?
TEMPTU has not been tested on pregnant or lactating women. We recommend that pregnant and lactating women check with a physician prior to use.
What are the differences between all the TEMPTU formulas?
You can view the formula differences within our formula guide.
Can you mix the different formulas?
Mixing Airbrush formulas is not recommended as every formula oxidizes and settles differently on the skin. Uniform uses of formulas will provide more predictable outcomes.
What is Mixing Medium used for?
- To mix custom colors: Blend Mixing Medium with loose pigments. Note: all pigment particles must be small enough to fit through the airbrush.
- As a binding agent: Use with S/B concealers for better setting.
- As a makeup remover: Use it to remove makeup form minor spots.
- To sheer out colors: Mix with blush and multicolors to soften vivid colors and make them more compatible for fair skin types.
How long does S/B last?
S/B is water-resistant and is formulated for all day wear.
How long does Dura last?
Dura is waterproof and will last up to 3-5 days. For best results, avoid oil based cleaners and exfoliators.
How do you remove Dura?
Use coconut oil, baby oil or 99% alcohol.
How do you thin out S/B?
Mixing Medium can be used to thin out S/B.
How can I apply for a PRO Membership?
See our PRO Membership page for more information.
To join the program, the cost is $30.00 a year. Two of the following forms of id are required:
- call sheet
- tear sheet
- union card
- agency comp card
- letter of employment
How can I reach someone at TEMPTU to help me with my system?
For any help with TEMPTU products, call our Customer Care Team toll free at 1-888-9TEMPTU (1-888-983-6788). Our office hours are from 9:00am-5:30pm PST, Monday - Friday. You can also email us at email@example.com, or chat with us live on www.temptu.com.
What if I have a question about my purchase?
For help with all concerns relating to your purchase, call our Customer Care Team toll free at 1-888-9TEMPTU (1-888-983-6788). Our office hours are from 9:00am-5:30pm PST, Monday –Friday. For more information on our shipping and returns policy, please visit www.temptu.com/pro/shipping-and-returns. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat with us live on www.temptu.com.
For Troubleshooting Questions, Please see our troubleshooting guide for reference.